I’m tired of people shitting on liberal arts degree types. This includes President Obama. Math, science, and engineering aren’t the only degrees of value. I’m tired of people saying a degree is only useful for teaching. That idea demeans the field AND teaching. Don’t pretend history, literature,…
Saw this somewhere else and felt the need to post it cause no one else ever really tells you this stuff
I didn’t even know half of these. Definitely needs to be seen by every woman on Tumblr.
YO, I GOT SOME TIPS FOR ALL THE MISERABLE LADIES!
(and hell fucking yes i used to be one)
- try getting ready in the morning wearing only the underwear you look the best in (only buy underwear you feel the best in) or get ready naked. it’s like a scientifically proven fact that all boobs are amazing, and i’ve discovered there’s this weird victoria’s secret angel switch that gets flipped when you’re nude putting on makeup or brushing your hair. you just look like a fox.
- don’t be scared to do things you’re really good at in front of people (they want to see) and don’t be scared to talk about how good you are at things (there is a difference between arrogance and confidence, and we’ve been told repeatedly that being proud of ourselves is cocky and unattractive: FUCK THAT, WE’RE JUST THE SHIT, WE CAN’T HELP IT)
- in recent years i’ve discovered that i’m super hot. you also happen to be super hot. i think “super hot” is a combination of attractive, unique, and comfortable. it just took me a long time to learn how to make myself feel and look super hot, learn what you need to do to make yourself realize you’re super hot, and do that. (if you think i’m an idiot and i’m just telling your to put on tons of makeup, read the next bullet)
- make yourself feel pretty. makeup is not a bad thing. no, you don’t need it. no, you don’t have to have it to be “super hot.” but the coolest thing about it is that it’s a useful tool for shaping your hotness into exactly what you’d like to show to the world, and that’s badass. it’s okay if you aren’t born looking the way you feel inside, cause you have the power to tweak. that also goes for your hair, your clothes, etc. for example, do you think your head looks like a penis when your hair is short? grow it out. do you absolutely love when your head looks like a penis? THEN FUCK YEAH KEEP IT THAT WAY
- be honest as much as you possibly can. to yourself, be honest all the time. if you find you are having a really hard time telling certain people the truth, then maybe they are the wrong people for you. do you trust them? do they make you feel bad about yourself? NAH DUDE FUCK THAT
- if you are uncomfortable, you are instantly not super hot. i don’t mean like if you are wearing shoes you love and they hurt your feet. i mean, if you’re shaving your legs every single fucking day and you hate it but you don’t want anyone to say anything. instead, you should only shave your legs so you can feel the pleasure of your smooth legs against the sheets. or because YOU like them shiny when you’re at the beach. only change yourself if to YOU, that is super hot.
- masturbate all the time. that is all.
- the only dude that deserves anyone as super hot as you, is a dude that knows he is super hot. and a dude that realizes you and fawns in the glorious light that is your super hotness.
- don’t go to work if you have nightmares about it. quit and get a new job. you maybe probably aren’t going to love it (hey, maybe you WILL), because it’s work. but if it is affecting your well-being to the point of suffocation then quit. there are tons of shitty jobs that are less shitty than that one.
- you really need to have a catalog of things that you know make you feel better. you will come across these things slowly and randomly. but remember them, and practice them when you feel shitty. you’re going to feel shitty, so be stocked up on plenty of antidotes.
- hurting yourself is so fucking not okay. i cut myself and all i got were these lousy scars. i starved myself and my pretty hair fell out and my brain was all fucked every time i ate anything for years. i tried to kill myself and had to stay in a mental hospital for the most miserable, depressing, loneliest week of my life. i drank myself into a stupor for a couple of months straight and all it did was hinder me learning how to actually help myself and solve my own mental issues. stop all that shit, and start figuring out how to love and how to feel better and how to be badass when you’re all alone and how to feel super hot.
this is the best thing I have ever read on here.
i love this so much i wanna cry. goosebumps
Speaking as a formerly miserable lady who is finally on her way out of being one, adding to these awesome tips:
- Even if you’re not going to do the morning routine naked thing, before you shower, or when you brush your teeth, spend a few minutes looking at yourself naked. I guarantee, if you’ve so much at glanced at an advertisement in this lifetime, your body doesn’t look like what you subconsciously think it should. Nobody’s body does. Spend some time getting used to what you really look like bare at the skin, because it’s fucking awesome to see yourself naked and say ‘fuck yeah, I like that!’
- Masturbate as often as you like. Baring an actual sex addiction, go with what pleases you. If that’s rubbing one off twice a day, go you! If it’s never masturbating unless it’s a Saturday night and the moon is full, go you! The only time you need to worry about your sex drive, or lack of it, is when it’s a problem for you. Not your partner, or your friends, or what you think you should be feeling.
- Research the sex you wanna have. Especially if it’s not hetero, or if you or your partner(s) don’t have bits in the standard configuration. Porn’s a good place to figure out kinks, not so much on the actual details.
- Take care of yourself. Don’t do things that make you miserable if there are any other options. Even things you ‘should’ do, like going to the gym or making up with a relative or volunteering for a cause. There’s absolutely no shame in taking care of yourself, and anyone who tries to make you feel bad about is a jerk.
- Medication, used properly, is a godsend. So is therapy. If you’ve got mental health issues, consider them. There’s so much shit in American culture about taking meds, and I’m willing to bet it’s like that other places too. Ignore it. Medication can help, just like it can with any other issue. I promise, the goal is not to artificially suppress your sadness or flatten you into a robot, it’s to get a platform under your feet so you’ve got a place to start building from. Trust the lady on anti-depressants, my emotional range is bigger now that my meds keep me out of the deep black.
- Forgive yourself. You’ve fucked up, done stupid things, done cruel things, hurt people, got yourself hurt. Do your best to make amends when needed, and move on. You’re older now, and wiser, and it’s okay. You don’t need to be perfect. You don’t need to change, but you can if you want to.
- And above all else, remember: You are worthy of being loved, and you deserve to be. Anyone who treats you otherwise isn’t worth your time.
i made a thing
“As soon as teenage girls start to profess love for something, everyone else becomes totally dismissive of it. Teenage girls are open season for the cruelest bullying that our society can dream up. Everyone’s vicious to them. They’re vicious to each other. Hell, they’re even vicious to themselves. It’s terrible.
“So if teenage girls have something that they love, isn’t that a good thing? Isn’t it better for them to find some words they believe in, words like the ‘fire-proof and fearless’ lyrics that Jacqui wrote? Isn’t it better for them to put those words on their arm in a tattoo than for them to cut gashes in that same skin? Shouldn’t we be grateful when teenage girls love our work? Shouldn’t that be a fucking honor?
“It’s used as the cheapest, easiest test of crap, isn’t it? If teenage girls love a movie, a book, a band, then it’s immediately classified as mediocre shit. Well, I’m not going to stand for that. Someone needs to treat them like they’re precious, and if nobody else is ready to step up, I guess it’s up to us to put them on the path to recognizing that about themselves.”
a character from The Devil’s Mixtape. (via valjeans)
Every now and then, something comes along on your dash that opens your eyes and makes you question assumptions you didn’t even realize you were making.
This former teenage girl fell in love with Rush, RPGs, Russian literature, ancient history, sci fi flicks, and Led Zeppelin. I’d say she had pretty good taste. So why have I always defaulted to marginalizing or dismissing the tastes of other teenage girls? Why have I always counted the large teenage female presence in fandom as a black mark against it, or at least something that needs to be explained or surmounted for older fans to participate or engage? Why have I assumed that teenage girls as a whole are incapable of critical analysis or meaningful engagement with the same media that I enjoy, when it was the critical analysis and meaningful engagement of a teenage girl that got me into much of the same media I enjoy now?
Wow. Talk about not even recognizing the patriarchy at work.
seriously, this just made me feel like a fucking asshole, which is always a sign that i’ve learned something important.
to be filed under “things I should have understood years ago”
No. Tony. NO! You can NOT adopt him!
He has to go back where he came from. (He’s got a steady girlfriend for crying out loud.)
new headcanon: tony actually created wall E but then he got lost one day and was forced to live out the rest of his existence alone, still searching for his tony.
DAMNIT. Why did you break my heart into two? In retaliation I am going to split everyone’s into QUARTERS… PIXAR STYLE.
It always starts out the same.
“Hey Wall-E, it’s Daddy…”
But the little robot doesn’t mind at all. He waves at the magnified screen of his custom built Stark Phone. It’s been 800 years since Tony’s passed away, 745 since the humans evacuated Earth… but it’s always nice to see the face of his creator.
You are good at something, stop lying to yourself. You’re good at breaking down comic book plots, cooking ramen perfectly, making your friends happy, knowing the time without looking at a clock, getting the perfect ending at RPG’s, or figuring out the twist ending to movies. Don’t let society tell you your talents are meaningless because they don’t serve an economical purpose. Your talents reflect your interests and passions, and what’s important to you is important.
Yes….Books do arouse me.
This is my dream house!
can I make out with this rooms please?!
Own lawdy! Me want
(Sorry this is so long, tumblr won’t let me un-indent all the things without messing the hyperlinks up BLUH. So press J to skip.)
I just went back through over 900 liked posts and dug out all the art tutorials so i can keep track of them. I guess this might be helpful to some of you guys, so here…